- Hotel, Ryokan Reservations TOP
- Yamagata (Atsumi・Kaminoyama・Shonai・Ginzan)
- Zao Kokusai Hotel
蔵王国際ホテル Zao Kokusai Hotel
- Yamagata > Zao
- Zao Onsen
Countermeasures for COVID-19
Hand sanitizer provided
Ensure Social Distancing
Guidelines for employees
Guidelines for guests
Countermeasures for COVID-19
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Hand sanitizers are available in public areas
- High contact points (door handles, remote controls, tables, etc) in guest rooms are sanitized during room cleaning.
- High contact areas in publice spaces (elevator buttons, handrails, etc) are disinfected and maintained frequently.
- Guest rooms are ventilated before and after each guest use.
- Public areas are ventilated frequently.
- Ensure Social Distancing
- Social distancing is ensured by installing physical barriers, such as clear plastic sneeze guards.
- Social distancing is ensured by changing restaurant layout or installing partition.
- Capacity is limited in public bath areas.
- Guidelines for employees
- Our staff conduct hand washing, gargling, and face mask application.
- Our staff undergoes daily health check.
- Guidelines for guests
- To ensure safety of all guests and emplyees, please kindly be advised that guests who failed temperature checks may not be allowed to enter and stay at the property.
Zao Kokusai Hotel has a real onsen, famous products, nature, and smiles. Mount Zao's volcanic lake, Okama, and the frost covered trees, representative of Zao's winter, are some examples of the splendid natural scenery that you can see from the guest rooms. The tatami floors and smell of wood floating in the Japanese room and the newly opened Junior Suite are the type of rooms that have a high quality of comfort and will help take away your fatigue after coming back from sightseeing. Another facility that will help with your fatigue is the onsen. The onsen is something to take note of because this hotel takes great pride in their onsen known as [Hachiemin no Yu]. The wooden log beams of the structure are left as they are. The highest part of the ceiling is 6.5 meters high. The lighting brings about peace and you will be surrounded by the smell of salt and the warmth of the wood. Other onsen baths are also unique. The baths that you can reserve have three themes: the mountain, the forest, and country side. These three are considered the top class onsen in Japan. You will be able to enjoy local beef as a part of the course meal for dinner. The cows are raised in a carefree environment and drink only clear water, allowing their beef to be of the highest quality. From the Yamagata rice, [Haenuki] and [Tsuyahime], you can sense the smell, see the shine and taste the sweetness of the rice. This hotel stands 900 meters above sea level and lets you enjoy all the attractions of Zao. For a luxurious journey, please come to this hotel.
- Rooms (-)
- Plan (-)
Accommodations that represent their respective prefectures and that are worth visiting when you are in the area.
Overall Rating(48 reviews)
Zao Kokusai Hotel
Yamagata-ken Yamagata-shi Zao Onsen 933 [View map]
check-in / check-out time
14:00 / 10:00
CI/CO time may be different depending on plan.
Number of guest rooms
- Dining room [Yama no Shi] This is a spacious dining room with large windows. With the wide scenery of Zao, enjoy a buffet of Japanese and western food. - Dining place [Momi no Ki] <Operating hours> 11:30am - 1pm (only operates in winter) This place is waiting to serve you Yamagata's sake and Zao Koukusai Hotel's special ramen.Read moreClose
Please enjoy this free-flowing 100% Iwo onsen and its milky whiteness that is good for the skin. - Hachiemin no Yu The wooden log beams of the structure are left as they are. The highest part of the ceiling is 6.5 meters high. The lighting brings about peace and you will be surrounded by the smell of salt and the warmth of the wood. - Private Bath There are three private baths with the themes: Mountain, Forest and Countryside.Read moreClose
Other facility information
- Karaoke box [Spotlight] Karaoke room - Meeting room. Conference hall We will accommodate any meeting and gathering. Please contact us. - Ski drying room. Ski rental Ski Set, snowboard set, all kinds of wear, hats, googles, gloves etc are provided. Please use this service during your stay in the winter.Read moreClose
Please contact the hotels/ryokans directly for more details.Read moreClose
- This plan does not include the bath entrance free of 150yen If you check in after 6:00pm you will not have a meal.Read moreClose
- Bath tax
- Children allowed
- Room service
- Transportation service
- Parking area
- Hot spring
- Fresh hot spring
- Room with outdoor spa
- Public spa
- Private spa
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Esthe/Spa facility
- Fitness facility
- Barrier free
- 5 min walk from station
- Pets allowed
- Breakfast in room
- Dinner in room
- Open air bath
- Night view
- Ocean view
The accommodation features are general descriptions of the facility. The amenities and breadth of service will differ between each accommodation. For details, please confirm directly with the accommodation.
Access by public transportation.
By Train Tokyo Station (Yamagata Shinkansen) - Yamagata Station From Yamagata Station - taxi approx. 30min or bus approx. 40min to [Zao Onsen Bus Terminal] *We will pick you up from Zao Onsen Bus Terminal
By taxi from Yamagata Airport Approx 1hr.
Yamagata-ken Yamagata-shi Zao Onsen 933
Contact the Relux concierge
Relux concierges will help you with anything you need.Feel free to contact us.