- Hotel, Ryokan Reservations TOP
- Miyagi (Akiu・Matsushima・Toogatta)
- Chikusenso Mt.Zao Onsen Resort & Spa
竹泉荘 Mt.Zao Onsen Resort ＆ Spa Chikusenso Mt.Zao Onsen Resort & Spa
- Miyagi > Shiroishi ・ Zao ・ Togatta
- Togatta Onsen
A 33,000 square meter property which lies at the base of Zao Mountain. A resort for the sophisticated traveler surrounded by nature and the gifts of the earth, Chikusenso Mt.Zao Onsen Resort & Spa is its name. An exceptional space is a fitting way to describe the beauty of the interior of the hotel. What is promised to you is superb relaxation. In the comfortable Japanese Modern guest rooms are attractive furnishings that will bring joy in you. Take in the panoramic view of the wilderness that can be seen from the windows and indulge in a tranquil time set apart just for yourself. Using fresh mountain water and locally-sourced bounties of the land and the sea and prepare each dish with utmost care, those are the principles of Chikusenso's chefs. Taking care to bring out the most flavor in each ingredient and stimulating the sensibilities of the guests. With premium sakes of Miyagi prefecture, enjoy a cuisine that can not be copied by any other chef. Togatta Onsen was first discovered over 400 years ago. Because of the hot spring's ample output and health benefits it has been called God's Onsen by bathers who cherish it. Guests can have views of landscapes from the hotel's baths which are all gensen kakenagashi baths. In God's Onsen where you can breath in the scent of the forest, stress will dissolve as you are transported to a state of relaxation. Do you wish for a luxurious trip where you are surrounded by an exhilarating wilderness at the same time? Stay at Chikusenso where your wish will come true.
- Rooms (-)
- Plan (-)
Accommodations that represent their respective local regions and that are worth visiting despite the distance.
Overall Rating(65 reviews)
Chikusenso Mt.Zao Onsen Resort & Spa
88-11, Aza Uwanohara, Togatta-Onsen, Zao-machi, Katta-Gun, Miyagi-Pref 989-0916 [View map]
check-in / check-out time
14:00 / 12:00
CI/CO time may be different depending on plan.
Number of guest rooms
◆Japanese cuisine 'Kamajin' Kamajin is a restaurant that is protected by a God (Kamado no kami) and is a comfortable space wrapped in soft indirect lighting.Read moreClose
- Bath for Men Takeori no Yu A fragrant cypress bath in a calm setting. Step outside to take a soak in an open-air stone bath. Take joy in the onsen which flows continuously from the source hot spring while viewing a lush nature. The wood deck is nice to lounge on. - Bath for Women Mizunara no Yu A spacious bath from which a picture-like scenery can be seen through a huge window. Feel yourself becoming one with nature as you listen to the sound of a nearby clear river while soaking in the outdoor open-air stone bath nestled among trees. - Private open-air bath There are two private air baths. There is no fee for the use of the two baths. Please reserve a time at check-in. - The Bar A stylish bar with a premium pure solid wooden counter and chairs upholstered with splendid Nishijin-ori fabric with Zao mountain motifs. Enjoy delicious cocktails with your group.Read moreClose
Other facility information
- Spa Botanica Affiliated with Spa Botanica at the Sukhothai hotel in Bangkok, Thailand, the spa offers premium aromatherapy treatments as well as treatments that use techniques of Thai massage and Tui Na, a Chinese bodywork massage. - Lounge Unkai A lounge on the uppermost floor of the hotel. Its outdoor terrace with a Japanese garden offer a breathtaking view. - Library Lounge A large hanging bell is the lounge's centerpiece. Art and photography books, magazines, and a free self-service coffee machine are available. During weekends there is live piano performance.Read moreClose
Please contact the hotels/ryokans directly for more details.Read moreClose
- The fee for this plan does not include a bathing tax of 150 yen.Read moreClose
- Bath tax
- Children allowed
- Room service
- Transportation service
- Parking area
- Hot spring
- Fresh hot spring
- Room with outdoor spa
- Public spa
- Private spa
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Esthe/Spa facility
- Fitness facility
- Barrier free
- 5 min walk from station
- Pets allowed
- Breakfast in room
- Dinner in room
- Open air bath
- Night view
- Ocean view
The accommodation features are general descriptions of the facility. The amenities and breadth of service will differ between each accommodation. For details, please confirm directly with the accommodation.
Access by public transportation.
[By Shinkansen] Tohoku Shinkansen-(MAX Yamabiko)-Shiraishizao station-(Taxi or Miyako bus)-Chikusenso Touhoku shinkansen-(Hayabusa)-Sendai staion-(Shuttle bus or Expressway bus)-Chikusenso *Please make a reservation beforehand if you would like to use the hotel shuttle bus service. Prior reservation is necessary. The hotel shuttle bus leaves from Sendai station's east exit at 1:30pm *Expressway buses can be taken from the Sendai station bus terminal number 34. Please get off at the Togatta-onsen-Yuno Machi stop.
88-11, Aza Uwanohara, Togatta-Onsen, Zao-machi, Katta-Gun, Miyagi-Pref 989-0916
Contact the Relux concierge
Relux concierges will help you with anything you need.Feel free to contact us.
In response to the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus(COVID-19), business hours of our customer suppourt will be changed as below.
In addition, Relux online concierge service will be closed temporarily.
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your understanding.