1. These Relux’s review terms and conditions ("Review Terms and Conditions") apply specifically to reviews (specifically defined in Article 2) placed on the online accommodation booking service Relux (“Relux,” operated and administrated by Loco Partners Ltd. ["Company"], both recognized in the Company’s general terms and conditions [“Terms and Conditions”]), by its users (“Customers”, all users using Relux’s services whether they be “Members” [all registered Relux members with member IDs] or “Visitors” [non-members without Relux membership], individuals or corporations).
2. Before a Customer can use Relux’s Consumer Ratings and Review Services, a Customer must (a) read through this Review Terms and Conditions and (b) indicate his/her assent to the Terms and Conditions and this Review Terms and Conditions.
A “Review” (“Review”) is the service for the Customers, after actually staying at the Featured Facility(-ies) and receiving services provided by the facility ("Facility Services"), to upload and publicize any of the following information based on their personal lodging experience.
(1) The result of a survey completed by the Customers.
(2) Any content (“Submission”, any text, photograph, artwork or other materials or information submitted by the Submitter [will be clearly defined in the next Article]) created and submitted by the Submitter based on the personal lodging experience.
(3) Any other information incidental to or related to anything mentioned above.
1. A submission of a Review means the content(s) submitted by a Member who is also the person that has made a reservation through Relux (“Reserver”). If the Reserver is not the actual user of the Facility Services (“User”), the Review submitted will be considered a submission by the User. The person who submits a Review will be referred to as “Submitter”.
2. Visitors can browse Reviews, however, they cannot submit any Reviews on Relux. Even if a Visitor decides to register as a Member, he/she may not submit any Review on the Featured Facilities he/she stayed before membership registration.
1. A review may contain any of the following:
(1) The User’s true opinions on the relevant Featured Facility(-ies) and/or Facility Services.
(2) Information regarding the relevant Featured Facility(-ies), information regarding the area around the relevant Featured Facilities, and the geographic information related to the trip.
(3) Expectations or requests for the Featured Facilities.
2. The Company reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen, translate or edit without notice any Content posted or stored on Relux at any time and for any reason, or to have such actions performed by third parties on its behalf, based on the judgement of the Company and relevant Featured Facilities.
The Submitter can only submit a Review after actually staying at a Featured Facility that is reserved through Relux, and the Review has to be submitted within the prescribed period defined the Company. While submitting a Review, the Submitter must follow this Review Terms and Conditions and other conditions regarding reviews and comments prescribed by the Company.
The Company will publicize the content that meets the submission conditions stated in the previous Article during the period prescribed by the Company.
1. When a Submitter posts a Submission, the Submitter agrees that he/she is responsible for the content submitted and shall not conduct any of the following actions:
(1) Submits content unrelated to the designated topic or information provided by the Company;
(2) Submits content not based on the User’s personal experience with Relux’s services and/or relevant Featured Facilities.
(3) Submits material or content created by a non-member, including but not limited to a Visitor, or a Customer (including a Member) who has not stayed at the relevant Featured Facility.
(4) Submits material or content for which the Submitters were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
(5) Submits content known by the Submitter to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
(6) Submits content intended to create disruption or to mislead others interacting with Relux’s services, such as posting multiple identical Submission;
(7) Submits content related to Relux’s services and functions;
(8) Submits content unrelated to the relevant Facility Services;
(9) Submits content about the problem or controversy happened between the User and the relevant Featured Facility (problem judged by the Company;
2. The Submitter shall not upload any Submission that includes or references any one or more of the following:
(1) Content which infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, right of privacy, moral rights, and/or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights;
(2) Content regarding personal privacy (including but not limited to room number, date(s) of use, corporation name, job title, physical characteristics, action and other information that may allow personal identification);
(3) Any personal contact information including but not limited to name, mail address, address, phone number that is not made public;
(4) Content with advertising, marketing, promotional, and/or other commercial purposes such as attempt to sell merchandises or pyramid scheme;
(5) Abusive, offensive, discriminating, vulgar language or visuals;
(6) Profane, obscene or inappropriate language or visuals;
(7) Information only valid under specific circumstances;
(8) Content that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, hate speech, whether directed at an individual or group, or that is otherwise unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, corporation, or political body;
(9) Content that engages in, encourages, advocates, or provides instructions for conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offense under any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
(10) Content which induces pork barrels and harms one’s reputation;
(11) Content which violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
(12) Non-sense or grotesque content;
(13) Content consists any of the following:
・ inaccurate account not based on specific matters
・ content which cannot be proven as facts
・ content expressed in an overtly emotional way
・ misleading information about the Submitter
・ 「Do not stay at this accommodation」「must suspend your service」「the worst」and other content considered way too arbitrary or dictatorial by the Company;
(14) Any content that the Company deems inappropriate in the circumstances.
As the operator of the platform(s) where the Reviews will be posted, the Company shall have the right, but not the obligation, to pursue any one or more of the following actions with regard to any Submission and the Submitter’s interaction with Relux’s services:
(1) to remove or refuse to post any Submission within Relux’s services tool that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate Article 7 (PROHIBITED PROVISIONS) noted above or any other provision of this Review Terms and Conditions (“Violation”), to suspend or terminate the Submitter’s access to Relux’s services, and to conduct any other necessary actions at any time without any further notice or permission needed from the Submitter;
(2) to screen, edit, monitor, review, or remove any Submission in order to prevent the Violation;
(3) Besides the actions mentioned above, the Company reserves the right to notify relevant authorities or to take any legal actions deemed necessary if the Violation causes any damage to the Company or a third party;
(4) In order to increase user satisfaction, the Company reserves the right to directly contact the Submitter through any means for content confirmation for reasons not limited to those stated in the previous clause.
1. the Company reserves the right to conduct a survey on the review of the Featured Facility among the customers who actually uses the Facility Services (If the User [the actual user of the Facility Services] is not the customer who made the reservation, this shall reply to the customer who made the reservation).
2. Based on the Company’s judgement, the Company may make part of or everything indicated in the survey public. The Company also reserves the right to modify or remove any content deemed inappropriate by the Company.
1. Based on its judgement, the Featured Facility reserves the right to contact the Submitter through the system provided by the Company for requesting a modification or deletion regarding the Submission.
2. The Submitter has the responsibility to respond to the Featured Facility’s request once the Submitter receives the request for content modification or deletion as mentioned above.
1. The copyright, executive right, and other legal rights (Including the contents indicated in Article 27 and Article 28 of the Copyright Law of Japan) of the Submissions that have been publicly posted in Review belong to the Company.
2. By uploading a Submission, the Submitter agrees and promises that the Company has the right to modify or delete some or all contents of a Submission before making a Submission public or invalid.
3. By uploading a Submission, the Submitter agrees and promises that the Company has all the rights to copy, modify, post, publically deliver, reproduce, or grant a third party the permission to utilize the Submission.
4. By uploading a Submission, the Submitter agrees and promises to not raise any objection(s) or exercise his/her Moral Rights of Author against the Company’s decision to perform any of the actions mentioned in the two previous clauses.
The Company has no responsibility to guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, reliability etc. of any contents posted in Review, and the Company has no responsibility for any damage or harm caused by such contents.
Any modification of this Review Terms and Conditions , consensus jurisdictional court, and any other matters not indicated in this Review Terms and Conditions shall follow the provisions indicated in the general terms and conditions.
Last Revised January 23, 2018
Loco Partners Inc.
Welcome to Relux
Relux is a curated online booking service for hotels and ryokans in Japan with a high level of satisfaction.
For those who wish to join the membership, please register below.
Registration fee, annual fee, and usage fee are all free.
You can get the following benefits from the membership